In our vision, the Bay Area remains one of the country’s most desirable places to live, work, and visit. Our cities and towns have attractive, walkable neighborhoods with a vibrant mix of homes, shops, restaurants, and offices. The Bay Area’s communities are linked by buses, trains, and bike paths, and are bounded by a protected greenbelt of rolling hills, productive farmlands, lush watersheds, and plentiful parks.
Protecting Open Spaces
- Helping cities and counties adopt policies to prepare for future growth while preserving the greenbelt.
- Stopping wasteful sprawl development from paving farmland, worsening traffic and air pollution, and contributing to climate change.
Creating Vibrant Places
- Endorsing development projects within existing cities, close to shops, jobs, and transit, with homes for people of all income levels.
- Advocating for policies that create walkable neighborhoods with homes people can afford, where they can walk, bike, and take transit easily and safely.
Getting People Involved
- Educating and mobilizing local residents to give them a voice in choosing how their communities grow.
- Publishing award-winning research, providing the region’s leaders with the strategies they need to accommodate growth while protecting the greenbelt.
- Leading hikes, bike rides, farm tours, and urban walks for hundreds of Bay Area residents every year through our Greenbelt Outings and Livable Communities Outreach programs.
The information above can be found on the official website of Greenbelt Alliance. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.greenbelt.org