Since its establishment in 1981, the Parks Conservancy has provided over $165 million in support to the Golden Gate National Parks and rallied 250,000 volunteers for their stewardship.
Alongside the National Park Service and Presidio Trust, the Parks Conservancy fulfills its mission of Parks For All Forever. We also:
- Offer environmental education and youth leadership programs at Crissy Field Center
- Build and maintain trails through Trails Forever initiative
- Improve park signage, kiosks, visitor centers, and other facilities
- Grow native plants to restore landscapes in Native Plant Nurseries
- Protect and restore habitat for endangered species through Park Stewardship
- Study birds of prey at Golden Gate Raptor Observatory
- Promote park-based sustainability solutions through Institute at the Golden Gate
- Encourage underserved communities to experience the parks
- Organize volunteers of all ages to support our park projects
- Provide tours, book stores, interpretive merchandise, and cafes to serve visitors and raise funds for park work
- Seek philanthropic funds for park programs and projects
- And much more!
Volunteer in the Golden Gate National Parks!
It’s fun. It’s healthy. It makes a difference. And it’s easy to get started. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups, including many that do not require training.
Contact: (415) 561-3044 or [email protected]
The information above can be found on the official website of Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.parksconservancy.org