2500 Grant Road
P.O. Box 7025
Mountain View, Ca 94039-7025
The Auxiliary has been supporting El Camino Hospital since the hospital opened its doors in 1961. Licensed for 426 beds, the hospital combines personal care with high-quality medical technology and treatment. If you are searching for a personalized, meaningful volunteer opportunity that will allow you to positively impact your community, consider joining the El Camino Hospital Auxiliary. Auxiliary volunteers work in virtually every area of the hospital, helping to deliver care with a personal touch. Individuals are encouraged to choose from a wide variety of roles, ranging from welcoming patients and visitors in the Patient Registration area to cashiering in the Gift Shop or Snack Bar.
Following is a partial list of volunteer opportunities:
- Escort/Patient Services: Transport patients by wheelchair, deliver mail, run errands, assist patients to complete menus.
- Information Desk: Greet patients and visitors, answer questions, support the Patient Registration area.
- Maternity/Pediatrics: Assist nursing staff, supervise children in playroom, distribute gift packets.
- Gift Shop/Shopping Cart/Snack Bar: Arrange displays, assist with sales. Snack Bar volunteers serve light meals to families and staff.
- Library/Magazine Service: Catalogue paperbacks, wheel library cart to patient bedsides, distribute magazines to waiting areas.
- Patient Flowers: Receive deliveries from florists and deliver to patients, care for patients’ plants and flowers.
- Volunteer Services such as the Gift Shop, Snack Bar, the shopping cart and the Baby Photo service, have made it possible for the Auxiliary to contribute more than three million dollars in medical equipment to the hospital. Undesignated gifts and memorials provide funds for the Auxiliary scholarships awarded each year.
Auxiliary volunteers include men and women over 18, and junior volunteers, ages 14-18. Volunteers need to complete an application, a personal interview with the Auxiliary and a TB test provided by the hospital before being accepted as a volunteer. An annual $10.00 membership fee and commitment of 12 hours per month are requested in order to volunteer. Auxiliary volunteers also wear uniforms that may be purchased in the Auxiliary Office. To apply contact the Auxiliary office directly at: 650.940.7214.
The information above can be found on the official website of El Camino Hospital Auxiliary. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.elcaminohospital.org